To make a long story short, last night I allowed our 19 month old, Kjell, to stand at the kitchen table while he put pencils and action figures in the microwave. He would put them in, close the door, open the door, take them out. Repeat. Toddlers love that. I didn’t think he could turn it on. THEN, he was holding my husband’s iPod and put that it in the microwave. I didn’t think anything would happen, so I just let him play along. All of a sudden I hear the microwave turn on and think OH CRAP! Guess what was in the microwave? Yep, the iPod. Not just any iPod either. It was my husband’s FIRSt iPod which held photos of his 13-year-old son when he was younger AND all of his favorite music from his old computer.
How do you think I felt when I saw the iPod was fried? I feel tiny, terrible and helpless to say the least. I immediately thought to myself, how did I let this happen? And then there was nothing I could do. I could only say I was sorry. And then wait for my husband to feel better about it. So that’s what I’m doing now. I know he will get over it eventually, but I know how tough it is to lose such important files. I should have been more logical, more aware of what could happen. But I didn’t and there is nothing I can do about it. Has something like this ever happened to you? How did you handle it?